COVID-19 Update - Services Resuming
Diocese of Ottawa COVID status: Amber
Quebec-Outaouais (MRC Les Collines-de-l'Outaouais) COVID level: Level 4--Maximum Alert
Under direction from the Diocese of Ottawa, Anglican Churches in the region are now permitted to resume in-person church services with restrictions in place for the safety of our community. A complete description of the phased reopening is available on the Diocesan website, but some points of note:
- All people who feel unwell must refrain from participating in worship.
- Attendees must share their contact information with the person who greets them.
- Attendees must wear face masks, observed physical distancing, and use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- There will be no congregational singing; the use of wind and brass instruments is also prohibited.
- Only bread will be distributed during communion.
- No food or drink will be served either before or following worship.
- Church school and nursery service are not allowed.
- So long as weather permits, doors and windows are to be kept open to ensure improved ventilation.
- Some areas of the church will be closed. Please follow the posted signage.
- The number of attendees will be limited to ensure sufficient physical distancing. If you plan to attend and wish to reserve a spot at the Church of the Good Shepherd, please contact Rev. Jeannie Loughrey.
Monthly Afternoon Communion Service
A communion service and a cup of tea, to be held in the Residents' Room at Sully Gardens, 37 Sully Road, Wakefield, on the first Tuesday of each month at 3pm. On hold pending resumption of community worship services.
For information on the Chelsea Market,
We are a welcoming Christian community, nurturing life's
balance in God's changing world.
Bienvenue dans la paroisse de Chelsea-Lascelles-Wakefield.
Notre paroisse comprend trois églises.
Welcome to the web site of the Parish of Chelsea-Lascelles-Wakefield.
Our parish includes three churches, two of which have regular Sunday Services.
Worship Services at the Church of the Good Shepherd, Wakefield are held at 11am every Sunday.
St. Mary Magdalene, Chelsea gathers Sundays at 10 am.
Please see our Worship
services page and the calendar of events for more information about these and other services.
For more about who we are, please see the about
us page. For information about our parish events, please see
our calendar page, or click on the calendar
to the left.