The Church of the Good Shepherd is grateful for any financial support which is used both for the upkeep and continuation of the church itself as well as to support various outreach projects.
In addition to a weekly collection, there are various options to give to the church by mail or online. Please use whatever method is most convenient for you.
Please make use of memo lines to ensure your donation is allocated for its intended purpose. Holy Trinity, Lascelles is no longer a separate entity, but we set aside gifts which are specifically intended for its maintenance and upkeep. Similarly, donations ear-marked for the Food Pantry are expressedly set aside for that purpose.
All donations over the calendar year are tallied and a single tax receipt is provided in February of the following year. When possible, a PDF receipt will be e-mailed.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns, or if we can be of assistance in any way.
- Cheques should be made payable to "Church of the Good Shepherd, Wakefield" or "Holy Trinity, Lascelles"
- Mail to:
Church of the Good Shepherd
693 Riverside Road
- Specify the purpose on the memo line of the cheque, or with an attached note.
- Send Interac e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include both your name and purpose of the donation in the memo box.
- Choose a password and share it with a Warden or the Treasurer, or use the default password "gsw". (We can keep a personalized default password on file for you.)
- Click the Canada Helps image to the right to visit the Canada Helps website. Follow the instructions there.
- Supports major credit cards.
- Canada Helps provides their own tax receipt. You will not receive a separate tax receipt from the church for donations through this service.
- Be aware that Canada Helps keeps a 4% service charge before transfering the funds to the church.