Book of Alternative Services
Our regular service book is the Book of Alternative
Services. We use the order of service that begins on page
We follow the Revised Common Lectionary selection
of readings. They can be found here:
Book of Common Prayer
We use the BCP for our evensong series in July
and August at Holy Trinity.
This series has grown into a well-loved tradition.
Guest clergy are often invited to preside and preach.
- 10 am Joint Service at St. Mary Magdalene, Chelsea
- 537, Route 105 (more...)
- Due to flood damage at the Church of the Good Shepherd and the onset of winter, until further notice there will only be a single service held each Sunday at 10am at Saint Mary Magdalene in Chelsea. If you require assistance getting to Chelsea, carpooling can be arranged. Please contact one of the Wardens from Good Shepherd for further information.
Friday Taizé Services
- 7 pm Holy Trinity, Lascelles (learn music starting at 6:30 pm)
- 5 Pritchard Road (more...)
- Taizé is an ecumenical monastic order based in Burgundy, France. It originated in the late 1920's and now comprises more than a hundred members, brothers from Catholic and Protestant traditions, originating from about thirty countries across the world. Taizé is a place of pilgrimage. It especially attracts young adults. In Taizé worship, there is no preaching, no teaching, no talk of sin or repentance or forgiveness. There is just this elegantly simple service: short chants, often in Latin, repeated over and over in the dark. Plus some short Scripture readings or psalms. And silence, at least 8 or 10 minutes, sometimes more. In 45 minutes, it's over. One Taizé brother has said: "It is a time to rest in God, to let the words listened to and sung penetrate one's being". Click here for more information about Taizé.
- Frequency to be determined - see the calendar for details
Evensong Series 2017